Unity tutorial 8

 This week has been shambles. 

I chose not to do this week's unity tutorial as it won't benefit the type of game I am developing. 

I did however fry my brain off with multiple other tutorials all of which did not work. The terrain that I had completed last week did look amazing and I was really happy with it but it just was not practical for my game. It was wayyy too complicated and my game assets like my boat and logs would vanish and disappear within the terrain.

I started to look for alternative tutorials that I could use to make my game look good and like an actual water game. 

here are the links to the tutorials I followed. 

Tutorial 1

Tutorial 2

Tutorial 3

These were all really good tutorials but I was overcomplicating my game and focusing too much on the complicated graphics. They also kept interfering with my raft and things just weren't going right for me. 

I did eventually find some water texture shaders on the unity asset store and that worked great for me.




image of my game water. 








Comments

Popular Posts