Week 9 Reading and Writing

This week we were tasked to look back and see all the blogs we have done from the start of the semester and reflect on our readings. It has been a whirlpool of a semester for myself and I am sure for others as well. It has been a drastic change to what we were used to last year as well as being online for 99% of it. This semester has been really tough on most of us and I hope next semester won't be this rough. As far as the reading goes I have found some of them useful and thought-provoking. I quite enjoy reading so for the most part I liked it, in saying that I would have to say it was really stressful with the added tasks and that made it become a love-hate kind of situation for me. My favourite reading so far has been the first couple of readings we had at the start of the semester which was mostly about time keeping and growth mindsets. I thoroughly enjoyed these ones because I learnt new things about how to better myself and my work. It was a bit like a psychology class and that is probably why I enjoyed it more. it made you think and evaluate our minds and how we work in our personal and work lives while also teaching us how to train our minds to have the best outcomes in whatever we try to do in life. Writing the blogs afterwards are also nice as it helps us to retain the information we have learnt from the readings and if we ever needed a quick reminder we can always head over to our blogs to refresh our minds.
I have also learnt a lot about gaming from these weekly readings. Before this class, I didn't know much about gaming and I thought it was a waste of time. From reading each week I have learnt how educational gaming can be when playing the right games. I also learnt how intricate the details have to be when developing a game in the pre-production and post productions phases. It was a bit overwhelming at times when learning all the new gaming lingo as I wasn't familiar with any of it but I am glad I did learn a lot.
My game project so far has a lot of work that needs to be done even though I have made a lot of progress there's still so much to fix and add to it. I must say I am quite proud of my game so far as I have 0 background in any form of gaming and to now be developing my own is a pretty big achievement.

Image - I chose this image as it is the most recent one I have taken from my developing game. I really love the water texture that I managed to create.






Looking forward I would have to say to get more out of this class and with my readings, I would like to work even more on my timekeeping and procrastination so it will give me more time to enjoy the readings without stressing about submissions.

Comments

Popular Posts