Reading 03

 This week's reading task was difficult and I am not quite sure if I have done it correctly. 

I have managed to collect some research about my chosen topic for the project book. 

It is really hard to find reputable resources or articles with the correct information I am looking for. 

I will have to go to the library at some stage this week to see if I can find other information for gaming narrative. By doing that It will also help me exercise the skills we learned from Lindsays Talk with us during the previous week on how to find informative articles for our assignments. 

I have re-read this week's reading instructions over and over again to grasp what is needed to be done and I think slowly but surely I will be able to figure it out. 

I chose the topic of the evolution of narrative within gaming because I find this an interesting topic and I love storylines so researching it in depth will hopefully be fun. I have learned a lot from the last semester about the theory and planning that goes into developing a game and how detailed the story narratives of various games are usually these things fly over your head and nobody thinks about how all these factors play into developing a great game so it will be great to write this topic as my part of the book. 

so far the articles I have found that seem to be of use are these, 

The evolution of video games as a storytelling medium, and the role of narrative in modern games

The evolution of video game narrative

The Evolution of Storytelling in Video Games

I hope these will be of some use later on when I start creating my drafts.

Over the coming weeks, I hope to get a better understanding of this topic so I can reach my full potential 


Image

Comments

  1. Hey Iqrah,
    I have looked through many blog posts and they all seem to be using the matrix method. I wonder if we HAVE to use that method. What are your opinions on this method? Do you think you’ll be using it this semester? I have gone through the articles you have found and the second one looks very promising.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts