Unity Tutorial 01

 I have chosen to do the 2D game which is Rubys Adventure. At first, I thought it was going to be awful because I hated my experience with unity from the previous semester but it is not as bad as I thought it would be. In fact, if we had started off with learning 2D coding and unity in semester 1 I think most people would have had a better time learning to game.

This week I have learned how to create Tiles and tilemaps in Unity.

This has been quite fun and I'm starting to understand unity a lot more. It is quite helpful that the instructions explain why we are doing certain tasks and what their functions of it are. It helps, in the long run, to be able to understand code. It would have been quite beneficial to us to have learned this in semester 1. I will say I miss the video tutorials they were quicker to get through than having to read everything but in saying that, having written instructions also help me keep track of which section I am on with the code. 

I did run into some difficulties along the way such as having to add a "Tile" to the project section in unity as my drop-down menu didn't provide that. I overcame this by creating a Tile Pallete instead and worked backward from that which ended up working out so I am happy about that. 


( image taken by me)



Comments

  1. Hey Iqrah,
    I’m glad you are finding this to be easier and you have an excellent point. The 2D game should have been in semester one and not two. The instructions are better than the video unity tutorials from last semester. You might need to help me with Ruby being on top of the tiles and not behind 😭. I love your blog posts!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts