Game, Brainstorm

 This week I have to come up with 4 different game design ideas. 

Kind of a tough one since im not much of a gamer myself. 

so far the games I have though of are 

1:   The first game that im taking inspiration from is "fire boy and water girl" . I loved that game a lot when I was a kid as im sure many of us did as kids.

in this game you would use the arrow keys and the " W A D " keys on the computer to control the characters and have them get through all the obstacles and onto the next level. The challenge in this game was that the fire character couldn't touch the water puddles while going through the course, and vice versa with the water character. 

I feel this would be a good starting off point for developing a game as the rules and the actual game is simple enough. It just might be enough of a challenge to create and still doable at the same time. 

My game would be different, I would have a vehicle of some sort that had to drive its way through an obstacle course filled with things that could damage the car for  example the car could collide with other car or spills on the road. The object of the game would be to collect  petrol along the way while dodging the obstacles, fail to collect enough petrol then you lose the game.




Fire boy water girl game





The second game  that I would like to create is an "amazon" game. there would be a boat on a river cruising  along the amazon. The objective of the game would be to avoid getting attacked by all the dangers in the amazon and at every checkpoint you would get asked a series of general knowledge quiz questions, if you get one wrong then you lose a life if you get it right you can move along the amazon river.

You would have 5 lives throughout the game and you would need to get the boat from the start of the river to the end where there would be a safe house. To make things interesting the boat would also be chased by an anaconda so you would have to move fast and get through as many general knowledge questions as you can to make it to the safe house.

This game is a bit more complex so it would be a big challenge for someone who is just starting developing games. It would be a great game if I can pull it off but I would need to flesh it out more before committing to creating it. 


My third game idea is a learning game for children. 

the game would have a character that says a word and then the child would have a series of images that relate to that word and they have to match them together. Eg: the word could be " Animal" and the child would then have to match all the animal images to the word.

the inspiration for this game came from a tv show a sibling watches on cbeebies called "Yakka Dee". the show helps kids expand their vocabulary and learn, its very helpful for children with speech difficulties. 

I would like to incorporate something in this game that would help children learn and expand their vocab.

the objective of the game would be to create as many word matches as you can and win points as you go along, while levelling up the words would get a little bit more difficult to challenge the child and to step it up the game will teach the child the meaning and how to use it in a sentence.

I think this would be a beneficial game for young minds to have fun while learning. I think it would a great game to have fun developing and if I choose this as my final game and manage to execute it correctly it'll be fun to have my little siblings play it.

my fourth game idea is "Around The World In 80 Seconds". To play this game you would have a globe and you'd have 80 seconds to answer as many quiz questions about countries and places around the word, earn points along the way for every answer you get right and the more you win the more you conquer the earth. Fail to answer questions and you get pushed back to your starting country. 

each correct answer will also give you an extra 5 seconds on your timer. 

I think this is a fun game to play and you can learn some facts about the world while playing it.

I think developing this game would be a fun challenge but I feel the most challenging part of it would be creating all the quiz questions😂. 


These are my 4 game ideas so far lets see what my final outcome is at the end of the semester.

here are some links to interesting resourceful videos 



basic gaming principles

Learn unity



Comments

  1. Hey Iqrah! Loving the game ideas they're really interesting. I've no doubt you'll make a great game by the end of the semester and can't wait to see it! My favourite idea you have is definitely the third one for helping kids learn, it's really innovative and interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heyy, oh my god !! fireboy and watergirl is my ALL TIME FAVOURITE online game. I used to play it so much with my best friend and I like all of your ideas and I think they all sound interesting. I hope you find which idea you like the best. My favourite idea is the second one with the amazon, its creative and challenging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember spending hours and hours playing fireboy and watergirl game. It is very interesting how you changed the characters and chose a vehicle instead of the firboy and watergirl. I am really intrigued about how are you gonna design the field that the car will move through that is similar to fireboy and watergirl because I think that it is a bit challenging; however, if you chose this game idea to design for your project I believe that it is going to be fun to play. One thing I would add to the game challenges is a time limit so as to make it even more challenging. For example, if the player did not collect 5 petrol in 10 seconds, the player will lose the game. Overall, I like this game idea and I can imagine how it will look like. Looking forward to see your whichever game idea you chose for the project.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts