Prototype

 This week was our first week putting everything we've learnt into action. 

Our task was to create a base for our project. We have completed most of our theory and now we get to design our game. 

It is really daunting as I would say this is an area I'm weak in. The unity tutorials went a bit wrong for me and that threw me off for a couple of weeks. 

While doing this prototype I found it to be a little easier and a bit of fun as it's now my own game that I am creating. In saying that I am quite worried about how I will pull off my game. It'll all work out in the end I hope. 


Here are some screenshots of my game so far. I have the water and a raft implemented with a log as an obstacle. The raft can now move and crash into the log. 

Still, a long way to go with the visuals and game mechanics but I will get there eventually. 

As I am designing this now I can see what I will be able to create and what I won't. My overall game will be a simpler design than what I previously had wanted. Just to ensure that I will be able to code it correctly.  


Comments

  1. Hey Iqrah, I can see your vision for your game slowly coming to life. I totally understand when you said you were lost with the tutorials, but hopefully now you can have more fun and enjoy creating and applying stuff to your game. I really like the use of vibrant colour you have embedded in your project. When you said game will be a simpler design than what you previously had wanted, are you reconsidering the mechanic too? Have you considered apply texture to your log and water? applying texture can enhance the visuals of your game. Theres plenty of tutorials on youtube. Hopefully my feedback will help and good luck too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts