Feedback Strategies

 For this task I read  two interesting articles about feedback strategies. 

The first one dealt with a new concept of Feed-forward and I find that interesting and not something I thought about before. I love learning new ways to help people especially when I have to work in groups because I tend to take on a leadership role. Reading it gave me a new perspective on how to tackle things in a more productive and positive way and not to focus on things in the past. Something I found very powerful in this article was the statement " feedforward can reinforce the possibility of change and feedback can reinforce the feeling of failure". I really like this because we all need to work on ourselves to become better versions and little steps like this not only improves our work ethics but also our mental health.  I feel people will respond better towards feedforward and it'll make jobs more enjoyable and also help people develop a growth mindset. 

The article goes through 11 reasons to try feedforward and I highly encourage whoever finds this blog to read it.

Here's The Link- Try Feedforward Instead Of Feedback

The second article I read was 5 reasons to stop saying good job.

This article was nice to read and intriguing  because we all often want praise, ever since we were children we all wanted to hear our work praised. Whether we like it or not we all in a way feed on praise, sometimes it is our only motivation to do certain tasks because we know we will receive praise. 

This article discusses the different outcomes that are possible with giving praise and how that affects our future and work ethics. 

an interesting part of the article I liked was how adults offer verbal rewards to children could be purely for our benefit. The  child will continue lets say tidy their messes up after we reward them but the adults are the ones benefitting from this. This could lead the child to becoming dependant on us and rewards to do tasks. This could also be argued that while it benefits the adult the child is also learning life skills .

This article is quite thought provoking and I encourage you to read it and if you like leave your thoughts about it in the comment section.

Five Reasons to Stop Saying "Good Job!"






Feedforward image










Comments

  1. Giving feedback is very important; however, there are ways to provide feedback like complimenting the work done by someone, suggest and provide ideas, and say what could be improves. These ways of giving feedback are beneficial to the person and will encourage for improvement. I really like this blog post and keep it up girl well done summarizing the feedback articles you've read..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts